Children, An insight into Astrological Principles - Part 2
7. In the following situations no child is indicated. If a malefic, Venus and the Moon are respectively in the 4th, 7th and 10th places; if Venus and Mercury are in the 12th, 8th, 5th and 1st places; if Venus and Mercury are in the 7th and Jupiter in the 5th and malefics in the 8th, 12th and 1st houses.
8. If a malefic is in the Ascendant, the lord of the Ascendant in the 5th house, the lord of the 5th in the 3rde house and the Moon in the 4th house the person will have no issue. It is stated by some wise men that for such a person even adoption of a son is of no use. Better we have more research in these principles.
9. If the Ascendant is in an odd sign (3, 5, 7, 9, 11) and the Moon is in the 5th aspected by the Sun the person will be ever anxious for an issue, but in vain. (Adoption in such cases too is useless, it is stated.)
If the 5th house is owned either by Saturn or Mercury and is aspected by or associated with Maandi or Saturn, or if the lord of the 5th is weak and is not concerned with the lords of the 1st and 7th houses, the person will have to adopt a son. Connection in the 5th house means the occupation by a planet in another’s house, associated with each other in some houses aspecting another planet, occupying the kendra of another, or in Trikona may also help.
10. If the lord of the 5th house is debilitated, eclipsed or in an inimical house, or in conjunction with the lords of the 6th, 8th or 12th eclipsed or in an inimical house, or in conjunction with the lords of the 6th, 8th or 12th house, and if the lord of the 5th house or if the 5th house is not aspected by benefics there will be loss of children.
11. If the lord of the 5th house, Jupiter, Mars and the Sun are in male Navaamsa, there may be male children. The Sun, Mars and Jupiter are male planets.
12. If the lord of the 5th house is a male planet or posited in a male sign or amsa and aspected by or associated with female planets, the person will beget daughters.
13. Conception takes place when the Sun and Venus are possessed of strength (in the case of male) and pass through their signs or amsas identical with the 3rd, 6th, 10th and 11th places and in the case of females when the Moon and Mars are strong and transit through their signs or amsas.
14. The number of issues can be determined by the number of planets in the 5th house, or where the lord of the 5th house is posited, taking into account that they are not in inimical Navaamsa. It can also be determined by scrutinizing the number of bindus (benefic dots) in the 5th house from Jupiter or the Navaamsa occupied by the Sun.