Moon governs over impregnation, conception, birth of a child and the animal instinct. She represents mother, mother's family, grandmother, old women, horse, navigation, agricultural land, Lord Shiva, love, kindness, mental peace, heart, services rendered for other's welfare and the 4th house.
The Moon's effect comes up in the 16th, 51st and 86th year of the native and similarly its 1st cycle falls in the 24th year, the 2nd in the 49th year and the 3rd cycle falls in the 94th year of the native. The Jupiter, Sun and Mars are Moon's friends, whereas Saturn, Rahu and Ketu are inimical to her. For her protection, the Moon sacrifices her friendly planets i.e. Sun, Mars or Jupiter. Moon is the Lord of 4th house, stands exalted in the 2nd house of Taurus and becomes debilitated in the 8th house of Scorpio. The Moon provides very good results if placed in houses 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7 and 9 whereas the 6th, 8th, 10th, 11th and 12th houses are bad for the Moon. The death of a domestic milk animal or a horse, drying up of a person's well or pond, the loss of the senses of touching and feeling are the signs of Moon turning malefic.
The placement of the Ketu in the 4th house causes Matri Rina i.e. mother's debt. In such a situation pieces of silver of equal weight and size be collected from every member of the family and the same should be thrown together into the running water of a river. Consequently all the ill effects would be warded off.
Moon in 1st House
In general, the 1st house belongs to Mars and Sun. When the Moon is also placed therein, this house will come under the combined influences of the Mars, the Sun and the Moon i.e. all the three mutual friends will be treated as occupants of this house. The Sun and Mars will extend all friendly support to their natural friend, Moon placed on the throne i.e. the ascendant house.
Such native will be soft-hearted and will inherit all the traits and qualities of his mother. He will be either be the eldest brother or will certainly be treated so. As long as the native receives the blessings of his mother and keeps her happy, he will continue to rise and prosper in every way.
The things and the relatives as represented by Mercury, who is inimical to Moon, will prove harmful to the native, e.g., the sister-in-law and the green colour will affect adversely. Hence it is better to keep away from them.
Burning milk (for making Khoya) or selling milk for profit would reduce or minimize the power of the Moon placed in the 1st house, which means that the native's life and property would be destroyed, if he engages himself in such activities. Such a native should serve others with water and milk freely for long life and all round prosperity. Such a native will get a life of about 90 years and will be bestowed with honours and fame by the Govt.
1. Do not marry between the age of 24 and 27 years, i.e., marry either before 24 years of age or after 27 years of age.
2. Do not build a house out of your earnings between 24 and 27 years of age.
3. Keep away from the green colour and sister-in-law. Do not keep a silver pot or kettle with a snout (Toti) in it in the house.
4. Offer water to the roots of a Banyan tree whenever you can afford.
5. Insert copper nails on the four corners of your bed.
6. Whenever crossing a river, always throw coins in it for the welfare of your children.
7. Always keep a silver Thali in your house.
8. Use silver pots for drinking water or milk and avoid the use of glassware for the same.
Moon in 6th House
This house is affected by the Mercury and Ketu. The Moon in this house will be affected by the planets placed in the 2nd, 8th, 12th and 4th houses. The native will receive education with obstacles and will have to struggle a lot for reaping the benefits of his educational achievements.
If the Moon is placed in the 6th and when 2nd, 4th, 8th and 12th houses are also auspicious. The native would enliven a dying person by putting a few drops of water in his mouth.
But if the Moon is malefic in the 6th house and Mercury is placed in the 2nd or 12th house, the native will have suicidal tendencies due to poverty. Similarly, if the Moon is malefic and the Sun is placed in the 12th house, then the native or his wife or both will have severe eye defects and troubles.
1. Serve milk to your father with your own hands.
2. Never take milk during night. But intake of milk during day time and use of milk treated with lemon (Phatha), curd and cheese during night is permissible.
3. Do not offer milk as donation. It can be given only at religious places of worship.
4. Digging of wells for public will destroy the issues, but digging of wells in a hospital or within the premises of cremation ground will not be harmful.
Moon in 7th House
The 7th house belongs to Venus and Mercury. When the Moon is placed here, the results of this house will be affected by the Venus, Mercury and Moon. Venus and Mercury combined together give the effects of the Sun. The 1st house aspects the 7th house. Consequently the rays of the Sun from the 1st house would be enlightening, the Moon if placed in the 7th, which means that the things and the relatives represented by the Moon will prove highly beneficial and with good results.
Educational achievements will prove fruitful for earning money or wealth. He may or may not have properties but will certainly have cash money in hand always. He will have good potential for being a poet or astrologer, or else he may be characterless and will have great love for mysticism and spiritualism.
The 7th Moon also denotes conflict between the native's wife and mother, adverse effects in milk trade. Disobedience towards mother will cause overall tensions and troubles.
1. Avoid marriage in the 24th year of your life.
2. Always keep your mother happy.
3. Never sell milk or water for profit.
4. Do not burn milk for making Khoya.
5. Ensure that in marriage, your wife brings silver and rice from her parents, equal to her weight.
Dr. Shanker Adawal
Profile: www.connectingmind.comResearch work and articles on Bhrigu Nadi astrology: www.shankerstudy.com
Published articles on Articlesbase.com
or search keyword "shanker adawal" in google search for published articles
www.facebook.com/adawalJoin my Facebook Group for free Astro Queries
http://tinyurl.com/2wyxtfkPublished articles on Newspapers