Mercury is the smallest planet of the solar system. The author has compared Mercury with a bat, which keeps hanging upside down and pounces upon the face of a child at the first opportunity. The native fails to understand anything and meanwhile the mysterious and mischievous Mercury turns the cycle of fortune in the reverse gear. Mercury produces the effects of the planet or planets it is associated with. Mercury is considered malefic in the 3rd, 8th, 9th and 12th houses. Rahu gives bad results in 1, 5, 7, 8 and 11th houses. If Mercury and Rahu both are in their auspicious houses then Mercury causes havoc in the natives houses and produces disastrous result like putting the native behind the bars or creating troubles of the same sort. Mercury is considered auspicious in the 1, 2, 4, 5, 6 and the 7th houses and gives bad results when placed in the 3, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12th. Its colour is green and Moon is its enemy. Sun, Venus and Rahu are friends, whereas Mars, Saturn, and Ketuy are neutral to him. 7th house is the Puckka ghar of Mer5cury. It stands exalted in the 6th house and gets debilitated in the 12th house. Affected Venus causes diseases of tooth and nervous system. If Mercury is placed alone in any house the native keeps running and wasting time here and there.
Mercury in 1st House
Mercury in 1st house makes the native kind, humorous and diplomatic with administrative skill. Such a native generally lives long and becomes selfish and mischievous by nature having special attraction for non-vegetarian dishes and drinks. He receives favour from the government and his daughters lead a royal and luxurious lives. The relatives represented by the house in which Sun is placed gain wealth and riches within a little time and he himself will be having many sources of income. If Sun is placed along with Mercury in the 1st house or if the Mercury is aspected by Sun the wife of native will come from a rich and noble family and will be good natured. Such a native will be affected by the evil effects of Mars but Sun will never give bad effects.
Rahu and Ketu will have evil effects, which suggests that the in laws and the offspring of the native will be adverse. If Mercury is in the 1st house, the native will be adept in the art of influencing others and he will live like a king. Malefic Mercury in the 1st house along with Moon in the 7th house destroy the native, because of intoxication.
1. Keep away from the things of green colour and sister in laws.
2. Avoid consumption of meet, eggs and liquor.
3. Business that requires your sitting at one place would be more beneficial than the one that requires running around.
Mercury in 2nd House
Mercury in the 2nd house makes the native intelligent, self centered, destroyer of enemies and cheats. He may be able to provide sufficient happiness to his father. He will be rich. The things represented by Mars and Venus will prove beneficial to him.
1. Abstain from eggs meat and liquor.
2. Association with your sister in law's is harmful.
3. Keeping sheep, goat and parrots as pets is strictly prohibited.
Mercury in 3rd House
Mercury in the 3rd house is not considered good. Mercury is inimical to Mars. But Mars does not have enmity with Mercury. Therefore the native could receive benefits from his brother, but he will not be beneficial to his brother or others. By virtue of its aspects on 9th and 11th houses, Mercury affects the income and the condition of the father very adversely.
1. Clean your teeth with alum everyday.
2. Feed birds and donate a goat.
3. Don't live in a south facing house.
4. Distribute medicines of asthma.
Mercury in 4th House
The native having Mercury in the 4th house is considered fortunate, very dear to his mother, good trader and receives favours from the government. However Mercury in this house effects the income and health of another person adversely.
1. Putting on silver chain for mental peace and golden chain for gaining wealth and property.
2. Putting Kesar tilak regularly for 43 days on forehead.
3. Serve monkeys by offering jiggery.
Mercury in 5th House
Mercury in this house makes the native happy, wealthy and wise. Spontaneous utterances from the mouth of the native will certainly prove true.
It gives very good results if the Moon or any male planet is placed in 3rd, 5th, 9t and 11th houses, but if Moon and Jupiter are not placed in good houses, Mercury would provide malefic effects.
1. Wear a copper coin in white thread for obtaining riches.
2. Serve cows for the happiness of wife and good luck.
3. A Gomukhi house (narrow at the front and wider at the end) would prove highly auspicious where as Shermukhi house (wider at the front and narrower at the end) would prove highly disastrous.
Dr. Shanker Adawal
Profile: www.connectingmind.comResearch work and articles on Bhrigu Nadi astrology: www.shankerstudy.com
Published articles on Articlesbase.com
or search keyword "shanker adawal" in google search for published articles
www.facebook.com/adawalJoin my Facebook Group for free Astro Queries
http://tinyurl.com/2wyxtfkPublished articles on Newspapers