The question of children arises after marriage. For knowing about the children, it is necessary, rather it is preferred to have the astro-analysis of the horoscopes of both the husband and wife. Among other factors, the role of Jupiter – the significator of children, 5th house and 5th Lord must be taken into account. Mars-Ketu influence on the 5th lord and 5th House may speak of surgery and ceaserian operation etc.
There are many theories about the number of children including the number of planets in the 5th House and influence of planets on the 5th house. But I find that the traditional astrological principles may not stand to test in view of various controlled methods not to have conception and have the child as per convenience of the couple. Be that as it may, the astrological principles continue to serve as a guinding force not following the controlled methods.
Early delivery and untimely births are also indicated by the planetary position and at the same time it may speak of some defects in the sexual organs of the couple and even of one of them. Remedial measures as per astrology may be beneficial if the lady is medically fit to conceive. I had seen the horoscope of a lady whose right tube was badly damaged and if at all the conception takes place, extra care may be needed under medical advice.
Survival of children mainly depend on the position of planetary forces at birth. There are bad Nakshtras including Gandha Nakshtras under which infant may not survive beyond a couple of days/months/years – here comes the need for propitiation of planets and God’s grace.
Now have a look on some of the following very important astrological principles:
1. If the lord of the 5th house from the Ascendant (Lagna) or the Moon, and Jupiter are in the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 7th, 9th, 10th and 11th places, or if the 5th house has the aspect of a benefic planet or owner of the house or has association with a benefic, or if the lords of the 1st and the 5th are associated together, or aspect each other mutually, or occupy each other’s house, the birth of children is assured.
2. If the 5th house counted from Ascendant (Lagna), the Moon or Jupiter is either associated with or aspected by a malefic and devoid of benefics or their aspects or when the 5th houses have malefics on either side or the lords of the above houses are in the 6th, 8th or 12th places, there will be no issue, even if propitiatory ceremonies are undertaken.
3. If a malefic owns the 5th house and is posited there, the person will have issues. If a benefic owns the 5th house and is posited there, the person will have issues. If a benefic owns the 5th house and is posited there, and although he is associated with a malefic, the person will have many sons.
4. If Mars is in the 5th house there will be loss of children. The signs of Scorpio, Virgo, and Leo are not good signs for issues, and if they happen to be the 5th houses, the person will have limited progeny after a long time.
5. If the Sun is in the above bad signs for issues (Scorpio, Virgo and Leo), Saturn in the 8th or in the Acendant; or Saturn in the 1st, Jupiter in the 8th and Mars in the 12th: there will be issue, after performance of propitiatory ceremonies. Also when the Moon is in the 11th and the 5th house reckoned from Jupiter is occupied by a malefic, and there are many planets in the Ascendant (Lagna) the person will have a child late in life after doing propitiatory ceremonies.
6. If the Sun alone is in Cancer (of 5th House), or when Mars or Venus alone is posited similarly in the 5th (Cancer), the person will beget issue by his second wife. Saturn in such a position may give many children. If either the Moon or Mercury is similarly situated he will have few issues; and if Jupiter is posited in Moon’s (Cancer) house which is also the 5th, he will have many daughters. The principle of Jupiter here giving daughters need testing with reference to actual Horoscopes.